How to use the Little app
Create an account
Enter your destination
Open the app and enter where you’re going in the Drop-off? box. Tap to confirm your pickup location and tap Confirm again to be matched to a driver nearby.
Meet your driver
You can track their arrival on the map. When they’re a few minutes away, wait for them at your pickup location.
Check your ride
Every time you take a trip with Little, please make sure you’re getting into the right car with the right driver by matching the license plate, car make and model, and driver photo with what’s provided in your app.
Little trips can only be requested through the app, so never get in a car where the vehicle or driver’s identity doesn’t match what’s displayed in your app.
Sit back and relax
When you arrive, payment is easy. Depending on your region, you have options. Use cash or a payment method like a credit card or Little Wallet balance.
Rate your trip
Let us know how your trip went. You can also give your driver a compliment or add a tip in the app.
Requesting a ride
How to request a ride / get a price estimate
Here’s how to request a ride in the Little app:
- Open your app and enter your destination in the “Where to?” field.
- Swipe up to see all vehicle options available in your area. Tap one to select it for your ride, then tap “Choose LittleBASIC” (button will be your vehicle selection).
- You may be asked to confirm your pickup location. If so, move the pin on the map, or select from a list of locations. Tap “Confirm Pickup” to send your request to eligible drivers in the area.
- If you’re not asked to confirm your pickup, tap “Confirm LittleBASIC” (button will be your vehicle selection) to send your request to eligible drivers in the area.
- You’ll see an estimated time to be matched with an eligible driver. If no drivers are available for the type of ride you’ve chosen, the app will suggest an alternate ride type with available drivers nearby.
- Once a driver accepts your request, you’ll see their location and estimated time of arrival on the map.
The app will notify you if no drivers are available for your request.
Little will send you notifications when your driver is close to your pickup location.
In some cities, you can request a ride with multiple stops.
Selecting a vehicle option for your ride
You can see all vehicle options available in your area before confirming your ride. Little offers several choices to get you to your destination safely and comfortably.
NOTE: Once you request a ride, you cannot change your vehicle choice without canceling and requesting the ride again.
To select a vehicle option for your ride:
- Open your app and enter your destination address in the “Drop-off” field
- Swipe up to see all vehicle options available in your area. Tap one to select it for your ride, then tap “Request X” (button will be your vehicle selection).
NB: X=Economy, Basic, Comfort, Comfort+.
- Follow the remaining steps in the app to complete your ride request
Depending on where you are, you may also see the following with the vehicle options:
- The trip price
- The estimated time of arrival
- A message that it’s busy, meaning prices will be higher than normal
How do ETAs work?
Before a trip starts, your app provides an ETA for when your driver should arrive at your pickup location.
After your trip starts, your app provides an ETA for when you should arrive at your destination.
Please note that ETA times are estimates and not guaranteed. A variety of external factors like heavy traffic or road construction can impact travel time.
Before you request a ride, your app displays a time near your pickup location pin. This time estimates how long nearby drivers should take to arrive at your pickup location.
Using the slider at the bottom of your screen, you can view the ETA for each vehicle option available in your city.
After a trip starts, your app will continually update the ETA for your destination.
Changing your pickup location
When you request a ride, the app uses GPS to suggest the best pickup location nearby.
If you need a different pickup location: 1. Tap on the pickup location label on the map 2. Enter a new address or building 3. Choose from one of the locations suggested by the app
Contact a driver
If you wish to contact your driver about a pickup location or talk about other details of the ride you requested, you can do that through the app.
To contact your driver:
- Tap the bar that displays the driver’s info at the bottom of your screen
- Select the “Contact/Call button” on the app to choose between calling or messaging your driver
Note that drivers may not answer their phones or reply to a text message while driving.
Canceling a ride
You can cancel a trip in the app before or after you’re matched with a driver.
To cancel before you’re matched with a driver:
- Tap the white bar at the bottom of your screen that says “Finding your ride.”
- Tap “Cancel.”
- Tap “No” to keep your ride or “Yes, cancel” to cancel.
To cancel after you’re matched with a driver:
- Tap the bar at the bottom of your screen to show your driver’s information.
- Tap “Cancel trip.”
- Tap “No” to keep the ride or “Yes, cancel” to cancel and accept the fee.
Sharing your location
Riders can show their exact location to their drivers by turning on Live Location Sharing.
This feature helps your driver locate you as you make your way to the pickup location.
How it works
When your driver arrives at the pickup spot, they will see an extra icon on their map indicating where you are. Once your trip begins, your driver will no longer be able to see your location.
Turn location sharing on or off
You can switch the feature on/off by using the toggle in the bottom right of the map screen. You can also turn it on or off within the Settings of your app. To do this: 1. Tap the menu icon 2. Select “Settings” 3. Swipe down and select “Privacy Settings” 4. Tap “Location” 5. Select “Share Live Location”
Request a ride with multiple stops
You can request that your driver make multiple stops when requesting a ride. Here’s how:
(1) Open the Little app and tap the “Drop-off” box
(2) Tap “Selected Drop-off” to add up to unlimited additional stops
(3) Tap “DONE” to continue
NOTE: Little calculates the trip fare per kilometer and per minute.